Gunfire intensified on Monday along the border between Hezbollah and Israel in southern Lebanon. Early in the evening, Israeli artillery targeted the Church of St. George in the town of Yaroun, caza of Bint Jbeil, causing extensive damage, as well as the house of Qabalan Qabalan, MP and member of the Amal movement’s presidency.

Earlier in the day, Hezbollah claimed responsibility for the attack on the Branit barracks in Galilee, targeting the 91st division’s command center with two Vulcano artillery shells. It also announced that it had targeted the Zebdine barracks in the disputed Shebaa farms.

For its part, the Israeli army retaliated by shelling the source of the fire, as well as the areas of Yaroun, Naqoura, Rmeish, Aita el-Shaab and Labbouneh.

Later in the day, the pro-Iranian formation announced that it had targeted an Israeli infantry gathering near the al-Dhahira site with artillery shells. It also targeted Israeli infantry gathered in the Tahihat triangle, provoking direct fire.

Hezbollah also announced in a press release that it had attacked “Israeli sites west of Kiryat Shmona using three drones.” The Israeli army, on the other hand, responded by “bombing sites in Lebanon from which rockets were fired towards the town of Kiryat Shmona.”

A further three drones were reportedly intercepted in the skies over the Upper Galilee.

The outskirts of the towns of Yarin, Dhayra, Tayr Harfa, Rab Al-Talatheen and al-Jebain were subjected to artillery bombardment. Israeli artillery also shelled the outskirts of the town of Hula, Wadi Salouki and Horsh Hora, between Dermimas and Kfar Kila. The area between the towns of Rmeish and Aita al-Shaab was subjected to concentrated artillery bombardment.

In addition, an Israeli drone raided the town of Khiam, and the missile fell between the houses. Israeli artillery shelling in the town of Mays al-Jabal targeted the home of Salman Zahreddine and his son Muhammad, director of the “Maysiyat” website, without causing any casualties. The bombardment destroyed tents in the Al-Maslakh neighborhood.

Mahmoud Younis, a 60-year-old shepherd from the town of Hula, narrowly escaped death after being trapped by Israeli shellfire falling on him from all sides, while grazing his cattle in Wadi Al-Bayad, located between Hula and Markab. After the shelling stopped, the inhabitants of his village rushed to the aforementioned valley to rescue him, and found him safe in his hiding place.

Israeli helicopters bombed the area around the town of Maroun al-Ras.