War in the Middle East

Trump says Gaza Ceasefire Still in Force after Israeli Strikes
Trump says Gaza Ceasefire Still in Force after Israeli Strikes

US President Donald Trump said Sunday that a ceasefire in Gaza was still holding after Israel carried out deadly strikes on the territory over alleged truce violations by Hamas. The dozens of strikes Israel carried out on Hamas positions in southern Gaza Sunday came after it accused the militant group of targeting its troops in "a blatant ...

UN Says Yemen's Houthis Detaining 20 Staff, Including 15 Foreigners
UN Says Yemen's Houthis Detaining 20 Staff, Including 15 Foreigners

The UN's office in Yemen said Sunday that 20 of its staff were still being detained by Houthis following a raid on their building in Sanaa the day before. On Saturday, the UN office had said Houthi security forces had made an "unauthorized entry" into their compound, adding the staff there were "safe and accounted for." "Five national staff and ...

Israel Returns 15 Palestinian Bodies to Gaza
Israel Returns 15 Palestinian Bodies to Gaza

Israel returned the bodies of 15 Palestinians to Gaza on Sunday, bringing the total number handed over to 150, the health ministry in the Palestinian territory said. Under a ceasefire deal brokered by US President Donald Trump, Israel was to turn over the bodies of 15 Palestinians for every deceased Israeli returned. Hamas returned the remains ...

US Says ‘Credible Reports’ Hamas Planning Attack Against Gaza Civilians
US Says ‘Credible Reports’ Hamas Planning Attack Against Gaza Civilians

The US State Department on Saturday said it had "credible reports" that Palestinian armed group Hamas was planning an imminent attack against civilians in Gaza, a move Washington said would be a "ceasefire violation." "This planned attack against Palestinian civilians would constitute a direct and grave violation of the ceasefire agreement and ...

US Vice President JD Vance to Visit Israel as Trump Administration Pushes Gaza Ceasefire Implementation
US Vice President JD Vance to Visit Israel as Trump Administration Pushes Gaza Ceasefire Implementation

US Vice President JD Vance is expected to visit Israel on Monday as part of efforts by the Trump administration to accelerate the implementation of the agreement ending the recent Gaza war, Axios reported Friday, citing US and Israeli sources. While US Special Envoy Steve Witkoff was initially expected to lead the delegation, the White House ...

US Envoy Witkoff Felt 'Betrayed' by Israeli Attack on Hamas in Qatar
US Envoy Witkoff Felt 'Betrayed' by Israeli Attack on Hamas in Qatar

US envoy Steve Witkoff, President Donald Trump's chief negotiator on the Middle East, has said that he felt "betrayed" when Israel launched a strike targeting Hamas negotiators in Qatar last month. In a CBS interview alongside Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law who worked with Witkoff on the brokering of a Gaza ceasefire deal between Israel and ...

Pakistan to Hold Talks with Afghanistan in Qatar after Latest Strikes
Pakistan to Hold Talks with Afghanistan in Qatar after Latest Strikes

Pakistani and Afghan officials were due to meet in Qatar on Saturday, a day after Islamabad launched air strikes that killed at least 10 people in Afghanistan and broke a ceasefire that had brought two days of calm to the border. The strikes targeted what Pakistani security sources said was a militant group linked to the Pakistani Taliban in the ...

Israel Returns 15 Palestinian Bodies to Gaza
Israel Returns 15 Palestinian Bodies to Gaza

Israel returned the bodies of 15 Palestinians to Gaza on Saturday, bringing the total number handed over to 135, the health ministry in the Palestinian enclave said. Under a ceasefire deal brokered by US President Donald Trump, Israel was to turn over the bodies of 15 Palestinians for every deceased Israeli returned. Late on Friday, Hamas handed ...

Israel Identifies Dead Hostage Returned on Friday
Israel Identifies Dead Hostage Returned on Friday

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said on Saturday that the body of a deceased hostage Hamas returned overnight has been identified as 75-year-old Eliyahu Margalit. The Israeli military "informed the family of the abductee Eliyahu Margalit... that (the body of) their loved one has been returned to Israel and his identification ...