A UNIFIL vehicle was hit on the outskirts of Rmeish, injuring three military observers and one civilian. One Australian, one Norwegian, and one Chilean were in the vehicle, as well as one Lebanese translator.

The UNIFIL spokesperson, Andrea Tenenti, issued a statement saying that three United Nations military observers (Observer Group Lebanon (OGL) and United Nations Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO), which helps support UNFIL implement their mandate) have been injured and one Lebanese language assistant during a foot patrol along the Blue Line in southern Lebanon when an explosion occurred near their location, and have been evacuated to receive medical treatment.

“We reiterate our call for all parties to cease the current heavy exchange of fire before more individuals are needlessly harmed,” the statement said, adding that UNIFIL is investigating the origin of the explosion.

“It is imperative to ensure the safety and security of United Nations personnel, and all parties involved bear responsibility under international humanitarian law to ensure protection for non-combatants, including peacekeepers, journalists, medical personnel, and civilians,” the statement said.

Preliminary information obtained by This is Beirut suggests that the targeted patrol consisted of two 4×4 UN-marked jeep vehicles. The soldiers felt pursued by the Israeli drone, prompting them to disembark from their vehicles and scatter before being targeted by a missile.

Moreover, a TIB correspondent reported that the officer who sustained moderate injuries is female, and the Australian officer, whose injuries were severe, is not in critical condition but is stable. Additionally, three peacekeepers were airlifted by helicopter to Al-Roum Hospital in Beirut.

Promptly after the incident, the Israeli Army’s Arabic-speaking spokesperson, Avichay Adraee, denied “the news that was circulated in Beirut” by saying that the “Israeli Army did not target a UNIFIL vehicle.”

Earlier, three consecutive Israeli raids with six missiles targeted the southern town of Taybeh on Saturday morning. According to the National News Agency, three homes were destroyed. No injuries were reported. Additionally, the Israeli Army targeted the town of Aytaroun.

Moreover, Hezbollah claimed one attack this morning on the Ramim barracks.

On Friday night, the Israeli Army fired a number of heavy artillery shells at the outskirts of the towns of Marwahin, Aita al-Shaab, and Rmeish in the western and central sectors.