Gaza

Trump Announces $10 Billion Gaza Pledge as Board of Peace Holds Inaugural Meeting

President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. would pledge $10 billion to the Board of Peace initiative aimed at supporting reconstruction and development in Gaza. Trump commented that “that number is a very small number when you look at that compared to the cost of war”  He also stated that other countries have allocated $7 ...

Witkoff to Visit Israel Amid Gaza Ceasefire Efforts

U.S. Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff is expected to visit Israel on Tuesday for meetings with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and military chief Eyal Zamir, two senior Israeli officials told Reuters on Monday. The trip comes as efforts to advance a Gaza ceasefire continue, despite repeated Israeli strikes and Hamas’s refusal to disarm. Under ...

Gaza's Rafah Crossing Makes Limited Reopening After Two-Year War

Gaza's key Rafah border crossing was reopened to Palestinians on Monday, an Israeli security official said, but Egyptian state-linked media said only 50 people would be allowed to cross in each direction in the early days. The resumption of operations comes after Israeli forces seized control of the gateway to Egypt in May 2024 during the war ...

Israel to Partially Reopen Gaza's Rafah Crossing on Sunday

Israel announced it would reopen the crucial Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt on Sunday after months of urging from the UN, humanitarian organisations and ordinary Palestinians -- but only for the "limited movement of people". Earlier on Friday, the Islamist movement Hamas had called for the "immediate transition to the second phase" of the ...

Netanyahu Joins Gaza Board of Peace Despite Misgivings

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has agreed to take part in the U.S.-led Board of Peace overseeing postwar Gaza, despite mounting unease within Israel’s leadership over the structure and membership of the body, an Israeli official told The Times of Israel on Thursday. The decision, the official said, reflects the reality of Israel’s ...

Hamas Signals Readiness to Disarm

Hamas has reportedly agreed to surrender its weapons and hand over detailed maps of its tunnel network in Gaza as part of a U.S.-mediated arrangement, according to a Palestinian source cited by Sky News Arabia, a development that would mark a major turning point in the aftermath of the war. The report surfaced after President Donald Trump issued ...

Gaza Civil Defense Says Israeli Strike Kills Three Journalists

Gaza's civil defense agency said an Israeli strike in the center of the territory on Wednesday killed three journalists, including a freelancer who regularly contributed for AFP, despite the ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. Since October 10, a fragile US-sponsored truce in Gaza has largely halted the fighting between Israeli forces and Hamas, ...

Israel Begins Demolitions at UNRWA Headquarters

Israeli bulldozers began demolitions at the headquarters of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees in East Jerusalem on Tuesday, in what the organization called an "unprecedented attack". UNRWA spokesman Jonathan Fowler said in a statement to AFP that Israeli forces "stormed into" the compound shortly after 7am (0500 GMT) and ousted security ...

Israel Pushes Back as Trump Unveils ‘Board of Peace’

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich sharply criticized President Donald Trump’s proposed plan for Gaza on Monday, calling it “bad for Israel” and urging a full reoccupation of the enclave. Reportedly, as Washington promotes a post-war governance plan for Gaza, Israel has been signaling resistance not only diplomatically ...