- Home
- Middle East
- Trump Gives Iran 15 Days to Make a Deal or Face Action
US President Donald Trump speaks during a joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (off frame) at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in Palm Beach, Florida, on December 29, 2025. ©Photo by JIM WATSON / AFP
President Donald Trump said Thursday that Iran had at most 15 days to make a deal on concerns starting with its nuclear program, suggesting the United States would attack if it did not.
“We’re either going to get a deal or it’s going to be unfortunate for them,” Trump told reporters on Air Force One. Asked about his timeline, Trump said, “I would think that would be enough time – 10, 15 days, pretty much maximum.”
Trump has repeatedly threatened military action against Iran, at first over a deadly crackdown on anti-regime protesters last month that killed thousands, then more recently over its nuclear program. But he has refrained from setting a hard deadline for taking action.
Recalling the U.S. strikes on Iran’s nuclear facilities in June, President Donald Trump said at Thursday’s Board of Peace meeting that Washington may “have to take it a step further — or we may not,” adding that “maybe we’re going to make a deal” and that a decision could come “over the next, probably 10 days.”
“You can’t have peace in the Middle East if they have a nuclear weapon,” he emphasized.
Israel Bolsters Defense Readiness
For its part, Israel is preparing for a hypothetical scenario in which Iran may attack Israel first amid the ongoing tensions between Tehran and the United States, the Kan public broadcaster reported.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued his own warning to Iran, saying, “If the ayatollahs make a mistake and attack us, they will receive a response they cannot even imagine.”
Preparations have largely focused on the military’s air defense array, attack plans, intelligence, and the Home Front Command, according to the IDF.
Iran Warns U.S. Assets in the Region Could Become ‘Legitimate Targets’
Iran reiterated its threats against American bases in the Middle East in the event of an attack, in a letter sent Thursday to the UN Secretary-General.
“In the event that Iran is subjected to military aggression, it will respond decisively and proportionately in accordance with the principles of self-defense enshrined in Article 51 of the United Nations Charter,” the Iranian ambassador to the UN wrote in a letter addressed to António Guterres.
“In such circumstances, all American bases, infrastructure, and assets in the region would constitute legitimate targets,” he added.
The letter cited a Feb. 18 social media post by U.S. President Donald Trump that was described as "an explicit public threat of the use of force" against Iran, referencing the potential use of military facilities in Diego Garcia and the RAF Fairford base in England.
Read more



Comments