
Israel said it killed a Hamas commander on Friday at dawn in a strike in Saida that also killed his adult son, Hamza, who was a member of Hamas's military wing, and daughter.
“Overnight, the (army and the domestic security agency Shin Bet) conducted a targeted strike in the Sidon area, eliminating the terrorist Hassan Farhat, commander of Hamas' western arena in Lebanon,” Israeli army spokesperson, Avichay Adraee, said in a statement.
#عاجل 🔻جيش الدفاع قضى على قائد القطاع الغربي التابع لحماس في لبنان
— افيخاي ادرعي (@AvichayAdraee) April 4, 2025
🔻هاجم جيش الدفاع خلال الليلة الماضية بتوجيه من القيادة الشمالية وهيئة الاستخبارات في منطقة صيدا في جنوب لبنان وقضى على الارهابي المدعو حسن فرحات قائد القطاع الغربي التابع لحماس في لبنان.
⭕️خلال الحرب روّج…
The statement alleged that Farhat had orchestrated multiple attacks on Israeli soldiers and civilians during the hostilities that followed the outbreak of war in Gaza in October 2023.
They included rocket fire on the Israeli town of Safed on February 14, 2024, which killed an Israeli soldier, the military added.
Hamas's military wing, the Ezzedine Al-Qassam Brigades, confirmed Farhat and his son’s death and condemned the attack.
The strike hit the fourth-floor flat of a seven-storey building in a residential area of Saida, causing heavy damage to the apartment block and neighboring buildings and vehicles.
“An israeli drone raided a residential apartment... causing two successive explosions that led to a fire and extensive damage,” the state-run National News Agency (NNA) reported.
Emergency workers rushed to the scene, where they recovered three bodies, NNA said.
Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf Salam condemned the strike as a “flagrant attack on Lebanese sovereignty” and a breach of the November 27 ceasefire with Israel. He called for “maximum pressure on Israel to force it to halt these continual attacks which target various districts, many of them residential areas.”
Israel struck south Beirut earlier this week, killing a Hezbollah Palestinian liaison officer in the second raid on the capital since the November ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah.
The Lebanese Ministry of Public Health reported four dead in that strike, including a woman.
Additionally, another airstrike was reported at around 2:00 AM in the Azzah area of Nabatiyeh, and initial reports indicate that no casualties were recorded in this attack.
Comments