The US military said on Sunday that it had struck more devices and missiles in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen that were prepared to launch against ships in the Red Sea.
The strikes occurred on Saturday between 4:00 and 5:00 PM (13:00 and 14:00 GMT) north of the city of Hodeida, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) said on social media.
American forces “successfully conducted self-defense strikes against two unmanned surface vessels (USV) and three mobile anti-ship cruise missiles (ASCM) that were prepared to launch against ships in the Red Sea,” the statement said.
The Houthi-run Al-Masirah television reported three strikes on the Salif port area on Saturday night, while an AFP correspondent in the area heard loud blasts.
The strikes are part of a series of actions taken by the United States and its allies against the Houthis, aimed at halting the Iran-backed rebels’ repeated attacks on vital Red Sea shipping lanes.
On Saturday, the Houthis confirmed that 17 of their fighters had been killed in recent strikes, following a previous announcement on Thursday by the United States that it had struck missile launchers.